Re: [ecasound] Ecasound wishlist: half are solved by Nama

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvlists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 30 2013 - 03:25:55 EET

Hi Joel,

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013, Joel Roth wrote:

> Looking through Ecasound bug list[1] out of curiosity,
> I see that using Nama[2] solves about half of the open
> requests. FWIW, I'm listing and commenting them below.

thanks for sharing, this is an interesting list! And for a brief trip down
the memory lane, this is very much in the spirit with what I wrote to the
list roughly ten years ago:

http://eca.cx/ecasound-list/2003/08/0072.html

Well, build times are not a very good excuse anymore (from half an hour to
less than a minute), but points (a) and (c) were (and are) still valid.

It's hard to predict how much developer time there will be in future for
core ecasound development, but it's pretty clear the focus should really
be on the core engine and things that must be done at native level
(integration to JACK, LV2, et al -- keeping up with changes in
dependencies). Your review of the wish list items is a good reminder of
this...