Re: [ecasound] ecasound for live band

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 23 2013 - 12:00:58 EEST

Hello Raphaël!
   I would go for the version using loops. But perhaps you are not aware of
Nama, which sits on top of Ecasound. It too is commandline based, but offers
higher level functionality, such as tracks (with effects, dedicated inputs and
the lot. It also has busses, so you could have a lot easier task for setting
up your effects track for the vocalists and you should be able to directly
create submixes. this functionality hasn't been used in a very long time, but
it is there. I specifically asked for it once, since I was a member of a band
and we used a similar setup with in-ear monitoring.
   Nama's homepage is here:
http://freeshell.de/~bolangi/nama/
   It is written in Perl and thus requires a lot of packages, but you could
start from the cpan version and then update to the latest version through
github. If you would choose that alternative, I'd be glad to assist or you
could subscribe to the Nama mailinglist. It's a very small family and mostly
quiet enough not to get flooded.
   Warm regards
           Julien

Music, creative writing, technical information:
http://juliencoder.de/