[ecasound] Midi controller for Ecasound

From: Justin Rosander <justinrosander@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2013 - 10:12:03 EET

Hi there,
not sure if this would be an appropriate channel for this, but I am
currently writing a midi controller for the purpose of controlling ecasound
effects in real-time using a GUI. It is working, but I am running into a
bit of a problem getting ecasound to connect to it automatically without
using aconnect. I am using Elementary as the widget set from E17 (
enlightenment.org), and have attached the source code to this email. It
can be built as follows:
gcc main.c -o slider -lasound `pkg-config elementary --cflags --libs`
It currently just sends CC events to channel 1, controller 1.

I am using the following ecasound command:

ecasound -i test.wav -o alsahw -ea:100 -km:1,1,200,1,1
-Md:alsaseq,midicontroller

I am grateful for any thoughts on what I am doing wrong in my code.

Justin