Re: [ecasound] Fade in (was: Re: Using Nama - troubleshooting fades)

From: Lars Bjørndal <lars@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 01 2013 - 11:13:12 EET

Hi

Thank you very much for your investigation. I'm on the Nama list now,
so you may move the discussion there if you want.

You wrote:

> I think I figured out your and Nama's fade in problem.
>

> On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:12:21PM +0100, Lars Bj??rndal wrote:
> > > To troubleshoot, I would suggest using the show_track
> > > command to look at the effects on the track.
> >
> > nama [sec] > show_track
> > No. Name Ver Set Stat Source Bus Vol
> > Pan
> > =============================================================================
> > 5 sec 1 mon MON [1] Main 0
> > 50
> > Length: 59.817 / 1:00
> > Region start: 65.000 / 1:05 (sec_start)
>
> Mark sec_start is at 65 seconds.
>
> At time 0:00, sec's WAV file will play back
> from position 1:05.
>
> > nama [sec] > fade in sec_start 0.5
>
> Even after you've made your region, sec_start
> still says 65 seconds.
>
> Which means the fade will come at 65s from the setup start,
> 130s from the beginning of the WAV file.

Why 130s and not 65s?

> You need a mark at 0.0 to declare your fade to start
> at the beginning.

You mean 0.0 in the region. But it's not possible to set a mark there,
Nama says there already is a mark at that point, namely the sec_start.
Or do I misunderstand?

Thanks and regards,
Lars