Re: [ecasound] Fade in (was: Re: Using Nama - troubleshooting fades)

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 01 2013 - 09:37:12 EET

Hi Lars,

I think I figured out your and Nama's fade in problem.

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 10:12:21PM +0100, Lars Bj??rndal wrote:
> > To troubleshoot, I would suggest using the show_track
> > command to look at the effects on the track.
>
> nama [sec] > show_track
> No. Name Ver Set Stat Source Bus Vol
> Pan
> 5 sec 1 mon MON [1] Main 0
> 50
> Length: 59.817 / 1:00
> Region start: 65.000 / 1:05 (sec_start)

Mark sec_start is at 65 seconds.

At time 0:00, sec's WAV file will play back
from position 1:05.

> nama [sec] > fade in sec_start 0.5

Even after you've made your region, sec_start
still says 65 seconds.

Which means the fade will come at 65s from the setup start,
130s from the beginning of the WAV file.

You need a mark at 0.0 to declare your fade to start
at the beginning.

Sorry, but Nama marks behavior is still somewhat
rudimentary.

Hope this helps,

Joel

--