Re: [ecasound] Interactive mode, cut & paste

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 26 2012 - 03:22:10 EET

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 10:41:08PM +0100, Lars Bj??rndal wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 09:49:13PM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
>
> > You can find positions in an audio file and cut those, but not directly in
> > iteractive mode. Nama, which is a text-based software based on the Ecasound
> > engine, can create such an audio snipet for you from the interactive shell.
>
> Thanks a lot. I have problem installing Audio::Nama. As I have a
> Fedora 17 system, I tried to use cpanspec to retrieve the spec file
> and the source, and from there build an RPM to install. The package
> builds fine after adding some entries to the %files section, but yum
> refuses to install the package because it has some requirements like
> this:

Hi,

Nama author here. 1.078 although usuable, is already pretty
far back, also I don't have experience with RedHat packaging
system.

What I can suggest is that if you can build a recent version
from the github sources, you might have better results and
also a chance for support.

http://github.com/bolangi/nama

After your git clone you'll, you need to "git checkout main"
which is the current stable branch.

Build as per the BUILD file then run locally
as build/nama/src/ui.

To install so you can run start it with 'nama', you can
'make dist' in the build/nama directory, then 'cpanm
Audio-Nama-1.100-tar.gz'.

Of course, there could be some Perl module dependencies to
bring in.

One thing to understand is that manually installed perl
modules generally mask precompiled perl modules installed via
yum and friends.

Let us know how it goes.

Joel

> # rpm --requires -qp perl-Audio-Nama-1.078-1.fc17.noarch.rpm |grep Nama
>
> Output:
>
> perl(Audio::Nama)
> perl(Audio::Nama::Assign)
> perl(Audio::Nama::Bus)
> perl(Audio::Nama::CacheTrack)
> perl(Audio::Nama::ChainSetup)
> perl(Audio::Nama::Config_subs)
> perl(Audio::Nama::Edit)
> perl(Audio::Nama::Effect_chain_subs)
> perl(Audio::Nama::Effect_subs)
> perl(Audio::Nama::Engine_cleanup_subs)
> perl(Audio::Nama::Engine_setup_subs)
> perl(Audio::Nama::Fade)
> perl(Audio::Nama::Graph)

> I've tried to provide the --filter-requires option to cpanspec and
> supply .\*Nama.\*, but there is no difference in the output.
>
> Great if someone have some hints on how to solve this problem.
>
> Lars

Joel Roth