Re: [ecasound] stereo to surround converter

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2012 - 14:26:30 EEST

Hi Patrick!
   OK, I was a little mistaken. There is no one-opcode route to convert stereo
into 5.1. They can do 5.0, so you will still have to know, what the .1 does.
But for that you can start with:
a1, a2 soundin p4 ; argument to instrument in .sco file
aw1, ax1, ay1, az1 bforenc1 a1, 90, 0
aw2, ax2, ay2, az2 bforenc1 a1, 270, 0
ao1, ao2, ao3, ao4, ao5 bformdec1 3 (ax1+ax2), (a51+ay2),...
   Then you have to output them, look for the out opcodes.
   You can steel some code from the manuals description on bformdec1 (there you
will have the basic construction of a .csd file. There's the orchestra (the
internal works) and the instrument (duration and external parameters, like the
filename. If the above example was complete, you might do:
i1 0 30*3600 "in.wav"
   Csound itself is simple, think of boxes having inputs and outputs.
Everything that is control and audio, can be taken from one output (left side)
and plugged into another opcde (right side). You can use hard coded number for
control values (like I did in the example hardcoding 90 and 270 degrees).
Note, they count angles counter clockwise.
   Have fun testing and comparing.
   Warm regards
           Julien

http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html