Re: [ecasound] stereo to surround converter

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2012 - 13:58:30 EEST

On Wed, October 24, 2012 6:55 pm, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Patrick!
> Hm, it certainly works, but where processing time and efficiency is
> concerned, wouldn't csound give you a better result perhaps? I don't know,
> how
> they wrote their algorithm, but they have an opcode to convert between
> different formats, including stereo, 5.1, b-format and different ambisonic
> ones. Just thinking aloud here. :-)

I had a look for existing options in Linux before starting but nothing
came up while searching.

I've never used csound but the iiuc learning curve is steeper than ecasound.

I would be happy to run some conversion tests to benchmark the script
against the csound method if you can point me in the right direction.

I find the script to be pretty snappy so if csound can do things faster
then I will be impressed.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd