Re: [ecasound] jack_multi has mismatched sample rate

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 08 2012 - 22:39:46 EEST

On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 12:42:05AM +0300, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2 May 2012, Joel Roth wrote:
>
> > Connecting chainsetup failed: "All audio objects must have
> > a common sampling rate; sampling rate of audio object
> > "jack_multi" differs from engine rate (48000 <-> 44100);
> > unable to continue."
>
> my guess would be that you have a 48kHz input file in the setup. If no,
> which version of JACK... sounds a bit fishy? All JACK objects share the
> same sample rate and this comes directly from jackd, so there should never
> be a mismatch at this level (unless jackd has told different things at
> different times).

Yes, a 48kHz file might explain this. But why would
the error come from jack_multi?

At any rate (cough!) looks like I can use ai-get-format to
check input files against the current frequency and report
any inconsistencies.

In the same vein, S. Massy recently reported an odd problem
with a Nama project in which some tracks stopped early, by an
amount he calculated to be exactly the amount expected if
the length calculation were based on a different sample rate
(44.1kHz vs. 48kHz).

I hope he saved that project: setups with reproducible bugs
are worth their weight in gold!

Best,

Joel

--