Re: [ecasound] Bug report: strange crash

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 12 2012 - 00:10:31 EEST

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> the call to "stop" returns, that the engine has stopped. And there's no
> synchronous variant available at the moment -- i.e.
> "stop-and-do-not-return-until-engine-has-actually stopped".

... but now there is! I just pushed a patch to add "stop-sync" command [1]
I also pushed some other fixes [2] that make the automatic
stop-edit-restart sequence more reliable. Now, even without using the new
"stop-sync" command, I cannot cause your test setup to fail anymore.

I'm sure there are still bugs in this area, but this at least fixes the
more urgent ones. And "stop-sync" will definitely be a useful tool for
syncing with ecasound state.

[1+2] in git:
a069772... Added 'stop-sync' command
408f38e... Add is_started() to eca-engine and eca-control