Re: [ecasound] Ecasound LV2 support ready

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 12 2011 - 22:35:56 EET

Hi,

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, Julien Claassen wrote:

> OK, it seems, there are python version 2.6.6 and somewhere python 3.1.
> Although I've only found /usr/local/lib/python3.1. /usr/bin/python - what

hmm, I don't think this is a python version issue.

> libtool: link: gcc -ffast-math -fstrict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -DENABLE_DBC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -g -O2 -nostartfiles -o pyecasound.so .libs/pyecasound.o -Wl,--export-dynamic ../libecasoundc/.libs/libecasoundc.a -ldl -lrt -lpthread
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 00000000080492e0
> .libs/pyecasound.o: In function `initpyecasound':
> /home/src/tarballs/new/Ecasound-LV2/pyecasound/pyecasound.c:210: undefined reference to `Py_InitModule4'

This seems like some weird libtool issue. Ecasound calls libtool with
"-shared" option, but in your above log excerpt, this has been stripped
for some reason when libtool calls ld. And due to this, you get all kinds
of errors from linker as pyecasound.so is no longer considered a shared
lib (e.g. undefined symbols are suddently not allowed anymore).

I don't have any quick explanations on what could cause this.

Learn Windows Azure Live! Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011