[ecasound] ecasound compatibility problem

From: Derek Holzer <derek@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 22 2011 - 01:15:09 EEST

Dear ecasounders,

I have recently transferred a project from one web server to another.
The project (soundtransit.nl) uses ecasound in a bash script to mix
several sound files together. It was written in 2005, and I am not sure
which version was used (something near 2.4.6). There seems to be some
major version incompatibilities, however, because the resulting
soundfiles the script produces with the latest version are simply
overmodulated noise.

Unfortunately, the person who wrote the original script is no longer
with us. Literally. He passed away 6 months after the project launch.
And as I am not the greatest coder myself, I'm asking for help.

I am looking for someone who knows both ecasound and bash to help me
update this script. I can offer a small fee, assuming that it would be
no more than an hour or two worth of work to fix. Please contact me
offlist, as I am not reading list mails here.

Thanks and best wishes!
Derek Holzer