Re: [ecasound] ecasound (2.8.1) stop with std::bad_alloc

From: <dubphil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 02 2011 - 22:47:30 EEST

Hello Kai !

>does ecasound give out anything else (e.g. if you start is as 'ecasound -ddd -c')?

here is what it says at the end :

- [ Engine - Driver start ] ----------------------------------------------
(audioio_jack_manager) driver exec
(audioio_jack_manager) JACK transport: both sending and reacting to
... transport events (mode: sendrecv)
(audioio_jack_manager) JACK transport: at ecasound start JACK state is
... ROLLING (position 221.051sec)
ecasound ('h' for help)> (audioio-db-server) start
((audioio-db-server) audioio-db-server) Hey, in the I/O loop!
(audioio-db-server) Using idle timeout of 226000000 nsecs.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what(): std::bad_alloc
Abandon

>And does this only happen with JACK? What if you replace the jack objects with 'rtnull'?

it seems to have a different behaviour, no segmentation fault or bad alloc, but I have this flooding the console :

(audioio-db-server) wait_for_client_activity failed
(audioio-db-server) wait_for_client_activity failed
(audioio-db-server) wait_for_client_activity failed
(audioio-db-server) wait_for_client_activity failed
...etc never ending

Best Regards

Philippe