Re: [ecasound] 24/7 recording split into files

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 12 2011 - 16:28:23 EET

Hi,

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Peter Hoffmann wrote:

> I want to record the audio line in 24/7 and split it into one hour
> files. This question has popped up bevore on this list, but I only
> found a statement that this feature is planned for ecasound.

yes, this is still only in plans. But this is still good input to me (I
try to write down which features get most requests). So when I have time
for feature work (somewhat rare in recent times), I'll prioritize those
items.

> Is it already implemented? If no, are there any other suggestions on
> how to implement this?
[...]
> At the moment I'm starting a cron job every hour (2 minutes earlier

qarecord might be just what you need. Its a robust recorder like ecasound
and offers an option to split into multiple files (--split option).