Re: [ecasound] how to properly slave ecasound to jack transport?

From: Claude Heiland-Allen <claudiusmaximus@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 26 2010 - 19:01:16 EEST

On 25/09/10 20:57, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> in general batchmode does not
> play well together with being a JACK transport slave.

Ok, thanks for the tips!

I got it working, for reference the command line I'm using now is:

---8<---
ecasound -D --daemon -E engine-launch -G:jack,ecasound_rdex,recv
-i:jack_multi,meterbridge_rdex:monitor_1,meterbridge_rdex:monitor_2
-f:f32 -o:"${DATADIR}/${DATE}.wav" &
---8<---

The only minor wart is that ecasound now does not quit when the
transport gets stopped by my app, but that won't affect this project in
any significant way.

Thanks again,

Claude

--