Re: [ecasound] ecasound and lua?

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 12 2010 - 20:06:30 EEST

Excerpts from Philipp Überbacher's message of 2010-07-12 10:07:08 +0200:
> > By the way, what kinds of signal processing would
> > you be wanting to do with Ecasound?
>
> Mainly simple recording, and for that there are lots of choices. I
> started to learn playing the piano only two years ago, I'm still very
> bad at it, but it's fun to record a few songs and give them away as
> little presents. Last time I did this with Traverso, but I could have
> easily done it in ecasound as well, since I didn't overdub at all.
> For that, maybe normalization, a little reverb and fade out of the
> track is likely enough. It would be nice to have such a CD ready in
> about two weeks, I'll try to use ecasound this time.
> Everything else I did or want to do is pretty much experimental, but
> still just recording and effects processing.
>
> I hope that ecasound can serve as a stable basis for those recording
> needs, and I hope that my frontend will give me just the features I
> want. Besides that, I hope it will be fun to write. Actually it already
> is, despite not a single line written :)

Oh, one more goal I have for my frontend is to get recording up and
running really fast. I sometimes get inspired and then there's nothing
worse than having to mess with the recording app or even running into
bugs. Eventually I want to press a button and have everything ready for
a quick recording in seconds, simply to capture the idea of the moment.

I read that Ecasound has midi capabilities, but I guess it's only CC,
which is ok, because it seems to work with jack transport (not tested
yet though).

I also really wonder about its automation capabilities. The little I
read so far sounds interesting, but I'll have to see whether it can do
'conventional' automation and how it works in practice.

There's still loads to learn for me here..

--
Regards,
Philipp