Re: [ecasound] ecasound on OSX 10.5, Error! Cannot make connection

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 15 2010 - 18:43:26 EEST

Hi,

On Sun, 23 May 2010, Edoardo Pasca wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Peiman Khosravi <peimankhosravi@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> OK I've been trying further. I run with this command: 'ecasound -ddd
>> ssshs_cl-N3.wav -o:jack'
>
> Actually I just found out that it is the location of -ddd option that
> matters: if you put it at the end it works.

a minor correction: option '-ddd' is not sensitive to ordering, but
in this case this hides an error in Peiman's example command-line. E.g

sh> ecasound -ddd ssshs_cl-N3.wav -o:jack

... is not really correct as you should always specify inputs with the
"-i"
option. So the above should be:

sh> ecasound -ddd -i:ssshs_cl-N3.wav -o:jack

.. and now location of '-ddd' won't matter.