Re: [ecasound] lv2 support?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 24 2010 - 21:26:50 EET

Hi,

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010, Julien Claassen wrote:

> I was wondering, if there are any plans to support lv2 in the near
> future.

that's a good question. A ticket is still open for it at sf.net:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2541460&group_id=4605&atid=104605

... and in principle I'm very interested to see LV2 support added. IOW the
biggest question is not if, but when. But in practise, if I'm to do it,
it's really hard to estimate the schedule -- I'm fairly tied up with my
daytime job. So business as usual I guess (compare to OSC case of last
year)...

> I've just recently heard about a few plugins, that aren't available as LADSPA
> and I've heard them in action and felt a greed to use them. :-)

Of course it does help if there are interesting plugins available ;),
as does getting this type of feedback (i.e. that there is wider
interest to the feature).