[ecasound] Ecasound with Jack

From: William Goldsmith <bill@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 26 2010 - 04:47:13 EET

Hi all,

I'm a longtime ecasound user, but I'm trying to integrate it with Jack
for the first time (first time in a long time, anyway). This is on a
Macbook running OSX 10.5.8 (Leopard). My current problem (one of
many, I suspect) is that when I play back a file using ecasound I get
no audio unless I go to the JackPilot Connections Manager and double-
click on the entry for ecasound, so that it is routed to the output
(an external Firewire device).

I need to be able to start multiple instances of ecasound and have
them all route to the output, without having to manually connect
them. I've had this working before, but it's ben a long time. I'm
used to working with OSS drivers & Linux, where this just happens
automatically.

thanks
-bg
-----