Re: [ecasound] 2.7.0 release

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 17 2010 - 19:22:35 EET

Hi,

thanks also to you Igor and Joel for notifying us about this!

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010, Igor Gueths wrote:

> Hi all. Does anyone know where I might obtain the Ecasound-2.7.0 release? The
> ecasound.seul.org link off the download page appears to be broken, and both the

Oops, it seems I hadn't updated the mirrors (a manual procedure still)
after 2.7.0 release, so thus the latest release was missing from the
mirrors. I now pushed 2.7.0 and well and it's available at:
- http://ecawave.sourceforge.net/download/ecasound-2.7.0.tar.gz
- http://eca.cx/download/ecasound-2.7.0.tar.gz

> Git repositories appear to be inaccessible. Apologies if this has been discussed

Yup, seul.org has had a hardware upgrade and all ecasound services at
seul.org (downloads, website mirror, git) are down at the moment. I've got
no mails about this beforehand, but I guess this happened during this
weekend.

The git tree will be out until seul.org stuff is back up. If the problems
persist, I'll put the tree somewhere else..

> up anything. ON a side note, does the 2.7.0 release happen to support native
> square wave generation via the tone input? Thanks.

Not natively, but there are plenty of LADSPA plugins for this. Just add a
chain with 'null' input and attach a square-wave generating plugin to it
and you are set to go.