Re: [ecasound] AAC batch conversion with Ecasound?

From: Koen <kbr@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 15 2009 - 16:04:43 EEST

Hello,

> Hi, we have ecasound installed on our file server with 1 T of mp3 files.
> We need to convert all our mp3 files (mostely 100 Mo mp3 files) in AAC
> 96kbps.
>
> Is there a way to do it in batch with ecasound?

i don't know AAC, but can give you a more general recipe to do
batch-conversion with ecasound

for example, you have two directories:

mp3/ contains the input MP3-files (*.mp3)
aac/ will contain the output AAC files (*.aac)

for i in mp3/*; do ecasound -i $i -o aac/`basename $i .mp3`.aac; done

above is quick-and-dirty and should work filenames without characters that
need to be escaped for the shell to interpret them in the correct way
(spaces, parentheses, ...); a more robust variant that does work with any
kind of filenames can be made using 'find ... -print0 |xargs -0 ...'

more in particular now, you'll also need faac (an AAC encoder), and
configure it for 96 Kbps encoding (using the ecasound "ext-cmd-aac-output"
configuration option -- see the ecasoundrc and faac manpages for that)

greetz,
  koen.