Re: [ecasound] schedule effects

From: éléandar <eleandar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 07 2009 - 20:37:54 EEST

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ubuntu as also a linux distibution optimized for musical, graphic and video
editing called Ubuntu Studio.

In fact, i can install it using one command line ...

sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-audio

This will install a set of application and tools for musical production
purpose and configure my ubuntu setup with defaults.

What i'm trying to do is to know how things are working in order to setup a
reliable and stable setup for musical production.
In my case, i want to record live performance using audio and midi features.

Distribution does not include latest development in their repository and
sometimes annoying bugs are included. If i want the latest version for my
distribution version, i must rely on unofficial repositories ...

I've no way to get or update my setup to the best set of stable component
version available (apart from switching to another version of the
distribution which should have tested the package for me and ensure me
stability ... i've a doubt about this ... so is it really a solution ? -
even more: change distribution version is time consuming -).

I'm dreaming of a community of audio software teams delivering components
based on an overall project plan (all working based on the same component
versions) in order to increase the stability of the overall solution.

We could have a single official repository for major distribution versions
with latest stable audio package :)

This kind of organization or development efforts should leverage the quality
of linux audio apps and give better feelings to the beginners and perhaps
also create professional interest for linux audio capability if not yet !

I believe linux is a mature and a very stable operating system.

Kindest Regards,
Laurent