Re: [ecasound] schedule effects

From: Linux Media <linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 06 2009 - 22:01:46 EEST

> Indeed, i'm not new to linux. But i learn every day about linux and
> software packages available ! I've already tried to use ardour with jack
> audio apps but i abandonned because of xruns problems. I get cracky
> records ...

There's several "Audio Distributions" out there. If you're not
familiar... what they are is a distribution that someone has allowed to
be altered. For instance, I run Fedora (10) and install Planet CCRMA "on
top" of it.

As implied, you install Fedora 10 (which is a good distribution), then
go to the Planet CCRMA site and it tells you exactly what to do to
install it "on top" of Fedora 10. It's very easy.

Planet CCRMA pretty much takes care of any audio issues you are already
trying to solve.

Hope this helps,
Rocco