Re: [ecasound] Transport information in text mode

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 06 2009 - 10:55:23 EEST

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 08:31:33AM +0200, laurent schwartz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Indeed, the following command help on my ubuntu hardy setup:
>
> sudo cpan Data:Rmap
> sudo cpan Text::Format
>
> Other dependencies are also needed:
> sudo apt-get install tk8.4 tk8.4-dev libecasoundc2.2-dev
>
> Unfortunately, there are still some test errors.
> See attached compilation log file.
>
> Could you please give me some advice on how to resolve test problems ?

Hi again,

>From your log file it looks like you are only missing one module.

        Module::Load::Conditional

That these dependencies are not being pulled in
automatically appears to be the fault of my ignorance. Hope
to have this fixed soon. (I thought it would be enough to
list the dependencies in the 'requires' section of META.yml.)

I tried running Nama off a fresh install, and found two more
bugs in the setup routine.

1) Assuming you want Nama to place its files under $HOME/nama
you will need run the following commands:

        cd
        mkdir -p nama/untitled/.wav

2) When you edit the configuration file .namarc, you should
probably change this line:

        execute_on_project_load: doodle; start

        execute_on_project_load: show

(If you want to test live signals without recording them, I'd
suggest using the 'preview' command, in preference to the 'doodle'
mode.)

Finally, to run nama in text mode -- which you say that you
prefer -- use the -t flag, i.e.

        nama -t

Hope it works for you. I appreciate your reporting.

Joel

--
Joel Roth