Re: [ecasound] Problem with ecasound on CentOS 5.2, x86_64

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 19 2009 - 22:47:26 EET

Hi,

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, MHR wrote:

[mp3 output not working]
>>> (eca-engine) WARNING: An output object has raised an error! Possible
>>> causes: Out
>>> ... of disk space, permission denied, unable to launch external
>>> applications needed in ... processing, etc.
[...]
>> Try running lame manually. If that fails, it should help you to track down the
>> problem.
>>
> Works fine.

this might be redundant, but did you try with the same exact params
ecasound uses to launch lame. You can see these by running ecasound with
'-d' option. The default is:

cat fooin.raw |lame -b 128 -s 44.1 -x -S - fooout.mp3

... (with 44.1 matching the selected sampling rate) ... does that work?
I checked the lame changelog though, and all the options are still valid,
so it definitely should work on your machine.

Btw, one common odd error is that when you run ecasound from scripts, PATH
might not be set correctly (ecasound can't find the 'lame' binary). But I
guess this doesn't apply to your case.