Re: [ecasound] Ecasound and MIDI

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 23:57:36 EET

Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/lad/2008/11/9/149879
>
> ... so at in some cases, syncing JACK to MTC is possible, but in practise
> the support would be limited (no varispeed in JACK) and work only with a
> subset of JACK apps. Sending MTC out is more straighforward, but I'm not
> sure if there's a simple app like jackctlmmc, to do it (i.e. expose JACK
> transport location over MTC). But at least Ardour does it, and it can also
> sync to MTC.

Rosegarden has also MMC and MTC master and slave synchronization options.
KMetronome can be remotely controlled using MMC. You can generate also MMC
commands with a Kommander script and kaseq:
http://kmetronome.sourceforge.net/kaseq/#MMC_MIDI_Transport

Sorry for so much advertising :)

Regards,
Pedro