Re: [ecasound] strange artifacts when mixing multiple wav files with playat

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 23:03:18 EET

Hi,

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Erik Nomitch wrote:

> I'm trying to mix a list of samples together and running into some
> quirks. Everything mixes in the correct places, but I'm getting weird
> artifacts. I have a directory of evidence/clues here:
> http://eriknomitch.com/misc/ecasound/

thanks a lot Erik for the detailed bug reports!

There was indeed a rather nasty bug in the "playat" implementation,
causing, in many use-cases, audible glitches at the start of the inserted
segments. So upgrade is recommended to all "playat" users. A snapshot that
includes this (and a few others as well) fix is at:

http://ecasound.seul.org/download/snapshots/ecasound-2.6.0+pre-20090127b.tar.gz

If you can find more oddities, please send a bugreport!