[ecasound] php pecl ecasound

From: <reza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 02 2009 - 13:58:14 EET

Hi All,

I want to use ECI API using PHP.

I build and install ecasound-2.5.2 from source, then I install ecasound
extension for php. Everything looks okay.

# which ecasound
/usr/local/bin/ecasound

Then I call ECI API, like this:

<?php
eci_init();
eci_command("engine-status");
printf("Engine is %s", last_string());
?>

but it return zero sized reply from web server. And this is error message
from httpd

* Message from libecasoundc:
*
* 'ECASOUND' environment variable not set. Using the default value
* value 'ECASOUND=ecasound'.

(ecasoundc_sa) Error='read() error', cmd='' last_error='' cmd_cnt=1
last_cnt=0.

* Message from libecasoundc:
*
* A null client handle detected. This is usually caused by a bug
* in the ECI application. Please report this bug to the author of
* the program.

Warning: DBC_CHECK failed - "eci_rep != NULL", ecasoundc_sa.c, 720.