Re: [ecasound] Ecasound and MIDI

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 22:52:08 EEST

Hello everyone!
   Alexandre Ratchov from midish is just now considering adding jack transport
support, which involves "translating" MTC into JACK transport timebase. If
this project is done, would tat be of interest to you? I mean: Could that be
taken into ecasound, just the other way around? The basic MIDI start/stop is
there and JACK transport support is there. I've heard, that JACK transport
timebase is not too far from MTC timing information.
   As far as I know: This might first be built into a seperate application,
thus being even simpler to extract.
   Comments anyone?
   Kindest regards and thanks
           Julien