Re: [ecasound] how to use ecasound in pipe?

From: Milos Wimmer <wimmer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 11 2008 - 22:08:56 EEST

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

  Hello Sergei,

> Well, if I understand your problems/questions correctly, you need a
> number of things:
>
> 1) FLAC -> headerless raw audio:
>
> flac \
> --force-raw-format \
> --endian=little \
> --sign=signed \
> -d \
> -c \
> FILE_1.flac ... FILE_N.flac
>
> - the above outputs to stdout;
>
> 2) ecasound input from the above:
>
> ecasound -D -z:nodb -f 16,2,44100 -i stdin <the_rest_of_arguments>
> .

Sorry for misunderstanding. That is not my problem.

My input is live broadcasting which I'm reading from RME soundcard via
JACK server (in general it could be microphone connected into standard
soundcard too). I wish to transcode this live audio stream on the fly to
flac and provide it on streaming server to outside clients (media
players).

So I have first part of process line - live audio data accessible on the
JACK server.
And I have last part of process line - I could use vlc reading live
audio data in WAV format on its standard input for both transcoding to
flac and providing transcoded flac stream on streaming server (may be I
could use other producers and streaming server but I didn't find any
working with FLAC).
What I need is put these parts together.
So I'm finding how to use ecasound (or something else) for reading audio
data from JACK server (this I know) and sending them in WAV format to its
standard output (or named pipe).

Thanks,

Milos