Re: [ecasound] Fwd: Fwd: audio drop outs with cop-set

From: <bolangi@email-addr-hidden-nac-project.org>
Date: Fri Sep 26 2008 - 23:17:43 EEST

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 05:01:46PM +0200, Oliver Oli wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Oliver Oli wrote:
> >
> >> Are the ECI and NetECI interfaces realtime-safe?
> >
> > yes, they are.
> >
> > PS One thing I might have mention already, but just in case,
> > transport change events could cause the engine to to
> > pause --> try with "-G:jack,ecasound,notransport".
>
> Interesting, no "Using realtime-scheduling (SCHED_FIFO:50)." messages
> anymore. Strange thing is that there is no other program running that
> could send jack transport events. I still have some dropouts on OS X
> (much shorter and less), but they could also Jack or OS X related. I
> test it with "notransport" on Linux later.

Oliver,

I didn't notice if you had posted your chain setups for which
the dropouts occurred.

I've found that certain kinds of errors involving operators
(addressing non-existing operators or parameters, for example)
lead to a slowdown in processing setpos commands, audible dropouts
and other aberrant behaviors.

Good luck with troubleshooting. Being able to try the same
stuff on Linux and OSX could be very helpful for diagnosing
your problem.

Regards,

--
Joel Roth