Re: [ecasound] ecasound + (2 inputs -> 4 outputs) LADSPA plugin - wrong channel assignment

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 24 2008 - 10:54:09 EEST

Hi,

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

>> http://ecasound.seul.org/download/snapshots/ecasound-2.5.1devel-20080823.tar.gz
>
> thanks for the tarball, the problem seems to be gone now.

ok, great!

> I even modified the 1010 plugin in a manner it differently attenuates
> channels while copying them, so observing output amplitudes I can say
> that channels are now assigned correctly.

"-i:tone" and "-eac:" (channel amplify) can be also useful tools when
testing multichannel routing. I.e.

-f:16,4,44100 -i:tone,sine,880,0 -o foo.bar

... will produce 4 channels of sine tone. Then you can use -eac to mute
some of the channes. I.e. to mute 1, 2 and 4, you'd add "-eac:0,1 -eac:0,2
-eac:0,4". Also "-ev" can be useful to quickly check which channels have
audio in them (can be inserted at any point in the chain -- reports some
stats at the end when chainsetup is disconnected).

> I'll keep you posted, hopefully you'll soon decide to make 2.5.2 release.

I'll try to do that soon. During the past few years I've been making
releases much too rarely. And of course, the less often you do releases,
the more time you end up spending per one release. So it's a kind of
self-feeding loop that leads to even slower pace of releases.