Re: [ecasound] 2.5.0 crashing X

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 00:50:43 EEST

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Oliver Oli wrote:

> i had some forked ogg123 processes still running in the background.
> but that crash happens with wav playback, too. i also used a ladspa
> plugin. i'm not on linux now, but i think it was something like:
>
> ecasound -i dave48.wav -eli:1234,5 -o jack_auto (but same with alsa)

thanks a lot for the quick response -- this helps to nail down the
problem.

I've been trying reproduce this on two different systems (one Debian,
one Redhat; both 32bit), but so far no luck. I'll continue debugging
tomorrow...

> it crashed with some glibc memory error. i have to copy and paste it,
> the next time i use linux. for me it looks like a bug in ecasound that

I've traced one glibc-reported memory error to the sine.so LADSPA plugin
(from LADSPA-SDK package). I'm not sure if it is related, but if it is,
then the error should only occur when you are using LADSPA plugins (as
ecasound will load all plugins to fill its internal registry). The problem
is triggered at cleanup time.