Re: [ecasound] cascading LADSPA plugins with ecasound

From: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 22:27:29 EEST

--- On Mon, 7/21/08, Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
> Subject: Re: [ecasound] cascading LADSPA plugins with ecasound
> To: "Sergei Steshenko" <sergstesh@email-addr-hidden>
> Cc: ecasound-list@email-addr-hidden
> Date: Monday, July 21, 2008, 12:22 PM
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>
> > Suppose I have two LADSPA plugins with the following
> data inputs and outputs:
> >
> > 1) plugin_1:
> >
> > in1_L, in1_R,
> > out1_1L, out1_2L, out1_1R, out1_2R
> >

> > 2) plugin_2:
> >
> > in2_1L, in2_2L, in2_1R, in2_2R,
> > out2_L, out2_R.
> [...]
> > Is it possible to do such a thing with ecasound ?
>
> that should work out of the box:
>
> ecasound -f:16,2,44100 -i foo.wav -o bar.wav -eli:123,a,b
> -eli:456,c,d
>
> ... the inputs are mapped to channels 1,2,3,4, so it's
> important
> to specify two open 'bar.wav' with two channels as
> well (for 'foo.wav',
> whatever channel count is defined in the wave file header
> will be used).
>
> --

I am having difficulty relating your command line to my example:

1) where are my plugin names in the command line ?
2) which command line items relate to mu plugins inputs and outputs names ?
3) is it that LADSPA plugins input and output ports are accessed by number
rather than by name (probably yes) ?

Thanks,
  Sergei.