Re: [ecasound] preparing for release: 2.4.7pre1_2.5.0

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 08 2008 - 10:17:57 EEST

Hi,

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Julien Claassen wrote:

> I ask myself, Kai, why should your examples worry you? Isn't that what's to
> be expected?

actually bad choice of words for me. I was meaning to say that I see no
problem and all the examples work as they are supposed to. :)

> I would wonder if:
> ecasound -i playat,4,your_file.wav -o alsa -y:4
> would not start audio playing at 8secs. Beyond that...

To be precise that would start at 4sec of your_file.wav, as the '-y:4' is
passed to 'alsa' not 'playat'. But: ecasound -i playat,4,your_file.wav
-y:4 -o alsa

... would start at:

   - playat pos 4sec
   - your_file.wav pos 8 (4+4)