Re: [ecasound] Alsa input sample rate puzzle

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 09:56:46 EEST

Hello!
   As to the S24_LE and the arecord way of things, they just developed
seperately and didn't obviously communicate. Weel there's nothing saying, that
the bit-depth option has to be in a certain format. Alas.
   As to your samplerate problem. This is really curious. I started out
recording 44100, but for a long time I've been doing 48000kHz. I work with
JACK though. Question: Does you soundcard have a samplerate setting. Mine has,
it called clock or something. This can be set to different values.
   And there is your /usr/local/share/ecasound/ecasoundrc (if you installed
manually or /usr/share/ecasound/ecasoundrc if you took a package). There is a
setting for standard format. I set it to: s16_le,2,48000,i
maybe this also helps.
   Beyond that, I'm out of it...
   Kindeest regards
         Julien