[ecasound] EWF refactoring, testers needed

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 23:41:47 EET

Hi all,

I've just pushed a big rewrite of Ecasound's EWF (Ecasound Wave Files, see
the user's guide for more info) support to the public git repo.

The EWF related code hasn't been touched in a long, long time, and it was
supposed to be replaced many times by something completely different
(EWF-v2, audio locators, etc). As a result, the code has rotted quite
badly, and many severe bugs were never fixed. Oh well, now I decided it's
time to either polish it up or drop it from the codebase altogether. I
ended up choosing the former path...

Also noteworthy is that the ability to write to EWF files has been now
deprecated. Let me know if someone will miss this feature.

So here's my first attempt at a better EWF implementation which should
gracefully handle all the corner cases as well, and in general, be more
robust.

Testers are now welcome! I listed a few people on the cc-list who have
reported EWF related bugs during the last few years. This most recent
snapshot just might fix the problems you reported. :)

Get the git repo with:
   - sh> git clone http://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound.git

Or download a snapshot from:
   - http://ecasound.seul.org/download/snapshots/ecasound-2.4.6.1dev-20080304.tar.gz