Re: [ecasound] "short-length-file-with-effects bug" now unavoidable

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 02 2008 - 22:33:40 EET

Hi,

finally responding to this, 1+ year old, bug report.

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> If I run the following ECS file during the running time of "Short.wav"
> (obviously, "Short.wav" is shorter than the other two files), then
> sometime after "Short.wav" stops (file ends, but other files are
> playing) there's extreme "stuttering and shuffling" sounds. On one
> occasion, it locked up my computer and I had to shut it off without a
> proper shutdown. But if I do one of two things, the bug doesn't show up...

Hmm, I've tried out various things to reproduce this. I've tried both with
ecasound 2.4.4 and the most recent devel version (from the public git
tree), but I've couldn't reproduce the "stuttering and shuffling".

Has anyone else had similar experiences (or in general weird mixed
output after one of the inputs has reached end-of-file)?

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv