[ecasound] Help with C++ Linking

From: Keith Creasy <keith537@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 29 2007 - 16:56:44 EEST

Hopefully someone has time to help me out with this.

I'm trying to use Ecasound on a Redhat SE5 server to mix and combine audio clips into a single file. I'm writing the controlling app in C++ but am having trouble getting the library to link. I get repeated error messages that the Ecasound objects and functions are "undefined", as if the library wasn't there? It seems like the header files are being included in that I am not getting errors that they can't be found.

I do not have a lot of experience working the tools, automake and friends, but have built a few apps with them.

I compiled and installed Ecasound from the source files and it seemed to go well. The files:

libecasound.a
libecasound.la
libecasoundc.a
and libecasoundc.la

are in the directory /usr/local/lib and the header files are in /usr/local/include/libecasound and libecasoundc.

I'm probably just not doing something that I need to do but it isn't clear from the docs to me what it is. Does anyone have a working example that they could share or some advice?

Thanks.

Keith