[ecasound] Multiple instances of jackd and ecasound / ecasignalview

From: Dan Macklin <daniel_macklin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 17:09:45 EEST

Hi,

I have two audio delta M Audio Delta 1010LT cards in my Fedora core 5 PC
and am using the open oss drivers.

I have sucessfully set-up jackd so that two ecasignalview windows can
capture from the same dsp port at the same time using this command for jackd
:-

jackd -v -R -doss -C /dev/dsp7

I then run ecasignalview like this :-

ecasignalview jack_auto

However I would like to be able to capture and monitor the output from a
number of my /dev/dsp devices at the same time.

The only way I can see to do this is to run jackd many times, with a
different name for each device using the --name option of jackd. For
example :-

jackd --name dan -v -R -doss -C /dev/dsp7
jackd --name dan2 -v -R -doss -C /dev/dsp7

My question is how do I get ecasignalview to recognise each of these jackd
servers ?

I'm quite new to this so sorry if my quesiton seems a bit dumb.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Dan