Re: [ecasound] Simple MIDI?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 00:33:44 EET

Hi,

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Dave Serls wrote:

> I keep getting "MIDI-to_audio stream does not support io_write, io_readwrite"
>
> for stuff like
>
> ecasound -i file.mid -o alsaseq,129:0 where the output is a fluidsynth input port,
> and the input is rawmidi. Is there any magic syntax for this?

I'm afraid the above usage is not supported. Ecasound chains only support
audio streams. With MIDI this means that file.mid is converted into an
audio stream with timidity (this is the default) and then fed to other
components in the ecasound chain.

Alsaseq on the other hand can be only used as an input to -km (=
controlling operator parameters) and receicing MMC/MTC messages. In other
words only the '-Md' option understands 'alsaseq'.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv