Re: [ecasound] ecasound for mac os x

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 11 2007 - 23:00:55 EET

Hello,

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, Chris Thompson wrote:

> I'm working on a script that needs to use ecasound on Mac OS X, but I do not
> currently have access to a Mac to compile ecasound myself (the target
[...]
> 2) If not, what is the best way to go about compiling ecasound for Mac OS X
> (I have no practical experience with Mac OS X, especially not with compiling
> applications on it)?

now I don't have a Mac either at the moment, but I have tried compiling
ecasound on one, and it was just matter of "./configure && make", i.e.
exactly as on any POSIX system. Getting JACK support working requires a
bit more effort, but is also doable (at least more than one person has
reported getting it working :)).

But, but -- what packages need to be installed to a vanilla Mac before
the above works, that I'm not completely sure about. :( If there are any
Mac users listening, it'd be great if you could shed some light on this
for us!

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv