Re: [ecasound] recording from jack

From: John Rigg <eca@email-addr-hidden-man.co.uk>
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 14:01:18 EEST

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 12:52:32PM +0200, Jure Pe??ar wrote:
> I connected spdif in/out between cards but didn't manage to have jackd
> run, no matter what I set in evny24control. Then I tried to run both
> cards set to their internal clock and jackd started working.

This is almost definitely a card sync problem. jackd will run (at least
for a while) without the cards being synchronized, but if you're doing
multitrack recording you will have problems.
With my Delta 1010s if I want to sync the second card to the first using
S/PDIF I start envy24control for the second card with `envy24control -c1'
on the command line, go to hardware settings and click on `S/PDIF In'
in the column containing master clock settings. The first card is set
to use its internal clock using `envy24control -c0'. If this doesn't work
there's a problem with your cards in either envy24control or the ice1712
driver, in which case it would be a good idea to report it on the alsa-devel
mailing list.

John