[ecasound] Mishandling of weird characters in file arguments?

From: icosa atropa <icos.atropa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 08:49:58 EET

I'm using ecasound v2.4.2, packaged with Ubuntu breezy; I took a peak
at the ecasound changelog and didn't see problem mentioned. Hopefully
I'm not too out of date here.
--------
Ecasound dependably chokes on files containing weird characters,
commas in particular.

as one might imagine, protection pays, and
> ecasound -i "snip/22-Drum_Machine\,_Cello\,_Headwrap.mp3"
> ecasound -i snip/22-Drum_Machine\\,_Cello\\,_Headwrap.mp3
*do* works; unfortunately
> ecasound -i "snip/22-Drum_Machine,_Cello,_Headwrap.mp3"
> ecasound -i snip/22-Drum_Machine\,_Cello\,_Headwrap.mp3
> ecasound -i snip/22-Drum_Machine,_Cello,_Headwrap.mp3
etc.
do *not* work, failing with the comment
"Audio object 'snip/22-Drum_Machine' does not match ..."

The bummer is that " -i snip/*.mp3" fails for the whole directory, and
there's no direct protection that I can think of ( though I haven't
yet fully plumbed bash's "for i in" idiom)

I'm reduced to using ogg123, which works just as expected in the same
circumstances but doesn't grok jack :(

Thanks to all for Ecasound, I love it!
-christian