Re: [ecasound] Multiple Instances running concurrently scaling...

From: Chris Dawson <xrdawson@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 22:23:07 EET

I wasn't aware of mp3asm until now. I was going to recommend mp3splt.
 How do you determine the frame number with mp3asm? mp3splt just asks
that you specify an in and out time.

To do the fade with ecasound, you might try this:

ecasound -i in.wav -o out.wav -ea:100 -kl2:1,0,100,0,10

This does a 10 second fade in the beginning of in.wav. You can tweak
it to do fade outs by swapping parameters. Read the ecasound man page
and search for kl2. If your clips are 30 seconds, it will probably
look like this:

ecasound -i in.wav -o out.wav -ea:100 -kl2:1,100,0,20,10

I agree that one bad part about using ecasound is that it converts to
wav and then processes. If I could find a utility that does fade outs
(perhaps by dropping the audio level in the MP3 frame itself) and also
a tool to concatenate files together, we could do some cool stuff.
Anyone know of such a command line tool?

Chris