Re: [ecasound] Multiple Instances running concurrently scaling...

From: The Eye <mhellwig@email-addr-hidden-ulm.de>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 13:13:44 EET

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 02:46:09AM -0800, Richard McCluskey wrote:
> 4. Am I nutz for trying in the first place ? If so can you steer me to
> somewhere I might find an app that does what I need ?

forgive me if I'm wrong on this, but this being the net and all,
somebody will surely point out any errors I make ..
I _think_ what ecasound would do in your case is decode the mp3, cut out
a part of the wav-file and then re-encode to mp3. Which is kindof less
than ideal.

mp3asm would probably be better suited, since that just cuts a slice out
of an mp3-file. But maybe I'm misunderstanding what you want.

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye                 olymp.idle.at admin
   check out http://eyesun.dhs.org/key.html for gpg public key