[ecasound] sf.net bugtracker

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 22 2006 - 21:10:17 EET

Hello list,

I've today activated the bug tracker at sourceforge.net for Ecasound:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=4605&atid=104605

I've not been too enthusiastic about these web-based trackers before, but
I'm slowly starting to change my mind.

The main motive for this change is the slowing rate of Ecasound releases
(current aim is three releases for 2006, there were four releases in
2005). This has made it more and more time consuming to keep track of
bugs. And while I can still somehow manage (with my mailbox-based tracking
system), a possible 2-6 month time span from bug report, to verification,
fix and eventually release, can be difficult to follow without a
publically available tracker.

Anyways, let's see how this works. I'd still prefer to get bug reports
first here, and only if the issue cannot be solved right away, it would be
added to sfnet tracker.

I've added some info about the bugtracker, and generally about
reporting bugs, to the README and BUGS files in the source tree:

--cut(BUGS)--
Please send your bug reports to the ecasound-list mailing list (see
README or http://eca.cx/mlists.php for list contact information).

To get the best results, see for example Simon Tatham's excellent
article on 'How to Report Bugs Effectively' (if you are in a hurry,
skip to the summary at the end of the article :)):

--cut--

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv