Re: [ecasound] Re: mixmode,sum bug?

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 22 2006 - 17:51:41 EET

Hi,

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, LinuxMedia wrote:

> Is it possible that no one has encountered this bug?

it's probably because the sum-mixmode was just added in 2.4.0, and it's
not the default, so most people are not using.

> Or have people found a
> way around it? I've tried many workarounds and researched as much as I can.

Actually this is a bug in ecasound, and fairly severe one. Basicly in some
cases ecasound will keep feeding the last block of an input to the mixer,
even after the input stream has reached its end. The bug happens also with
'-z:mixmode,avg', but the resulting artifacts are harder to detect than
with 'sum'.

I just committed a fix to CVS, and it will be in the 2.4.4 release. Thanks
for the detailed bug report!

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv