[ecasound] No sound recorded

From: Sean Edwards <cybersean3000@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 02 2005 - 21:34:11 EET

Using Audacity or Rosegarden to record from the sound
card to a .wav file produces undesired results.
Thinking this may be a problem of resources, I tried
ecasound. Last night I tried recording, and all I
captured was a file of white noise, nothing else.

Here is my setup:

ASUS K7M Motherboard
768 MB RAM
VooDoo 3D AGP Graphics card
AC '97 Sound (integrated with motherboard)
Linux 2.4.18 kernel (Debian)
RealTime kernel module
Alsa

Using ecasound, I can play files out to the sound
card, but I can not seem to record in.

If anyone has some suggestions about how to
troubleshoot this problem, I would love to read them.

-=Sean Edwards=-