[ecasound] Buffer too small for map-ladspa-list

From: Stuart Allie <Stuart.Allie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 05:47:24 EEST

Hi all,

While playing with my embryonic front-end to ecasound, I found that
calling 'map-ladpsa-list' produces the warning:

"(ecasoundc_sa) WARNING! Parsing buffer overflowed!"

And the output is truncated; ie. I don't get all the plugins listed.

The cause is the static buffer size defined in ecasoundc_sa.c:

#define ECI_MAX_PARSER_BUF_SIZE 65536

With enough ladspa plugins installed (I have the swh, cmt, cap, and tap
sets) it is easy to go over this buffer limit by calling
map-ladspa-list. I get around 140,000 bytes returned, so it's probably
worth increasing this buffer to 256k, or even 512k to be safe.

Just thought people should know in case they come across this problem.

Cheers,

Stuart

P.S.
I've just put a new track ("Haunted Hope") up at
http://allie.opensrc.org - it was mixed with ecasound. Feel free to d/l,
listen, and send me any comments you might have.